About our parish

History

The first resident priest, Rev. Nicholas Velonis, arrived in Sheboygan in 1905.  Together with the council, he labored hard to raise funds for a church.  Land on S. 10th Street was purchased for this purpose.  It was well sustained, being close enough to the center of the Greek colony, and yet far enough away from the factories and business establishments on Indiana Ave.

The church building, excluding the current bell tower, was completed in 1906.  The tower was added in 1916.  The completion of the church was celebrated on Christmas Day 1906.  In 1958 the church was officially consecrated.   In 2006 St. Spyridon celebrated its 100th anniversary.  From 1992 – 2012 St. Spyridon shared a priest with Holy Trinity in Fond du Lac where one week we had Liturgy on Saturday, and the next week on Sunday (alternating).  We currently again have a full time priest with Liturgies every Sunday.

Outside Original
1981
Current
Greek Independence Day 1927
Choir 1940
Choir 1959
Consecration 1958
Inside 1959
Inside 1980's
Inside Current

 



Sunday Services

8:55 a.m. Orthros
9:55 a.m. Divine Liturgy
10:30 a.m. Sunday School


Current Bulletin